Returning to the fold

New to the board? Tell us all about the cars you own, the ones you covet and your current projects.
Linkon635

Returning to the fold

Postby Linkon635 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:44 pm

Hi Guys,

I have been a long time lurker on this and other e24 message boards.

Here's some photo's.

I have had her for ten years, she's been sitting parked under carport for four years.

The car has been off the road so long because i had a accident, i hit a lady who pulled out across the road in front of me. "Sorry, but i've been waiting here a long time, nobodies letting me out" she wailed.

The drivers side wing required replacement.

She admitted liability only beacuse witnesses on the scene helped me follow her as she tried to hid in a nearby homebase carpark, and told her "Sorry, but it is your fault"

The accident repair was dealt with by the insurance company very well. The most annoying thing was that her Husband said to her while we were looking at the damage, "Don't worry dear, he's only got an old car"

I just couldn't get all the money together (I had to purchase quickly a car so i got a e34 520se as a daily driver) for road tax, M.O.T, insurance , e.t.c so she has sat there S.O.R.N.'d until the Mother in law took pity on me and lent me some dough to get her up and running again (Daisy, You're the best!)

Anyone know of a top class body shop near West London who i can trust my baby with? The rust is really worrying.

She (Sue Ellen Ewing) will be kept under wraps under a car port during the winter (When not being worked on).

Photos - Taken at garage 19 09 2009

Trim required for Passenger side rear window :(

Roof rust :( :(

Rust to passenger side rear arch :( :( :(

Rust to rear drivers side tail light :( :(

Please see link below for more photos

Link to photobucket album
http://s642.photobucket.com/albums/u...albumview=grid

Thanks again guys for this wonderful site, its the real dogs gonads.
:D :D :D
Regards,

G

unixnerd
Site Admin

Re: Returning to the fold

Postby unixnerd » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:37 pm

Same thing happened to me! Blind woman in a Corsa 50 yards from her front door took my nose off one morning. Insurance wrote the car off, I bought it back but when we started to strip it we found too much rust. She told me not to worry as the insurance money would let me buy a modern car!! I stopped all the traffic until I'd collected witnesses to say it was her fault :-)

Just replace the sunroof panel, you'd likely get a decent used one on ebay.

As for the rest there's no alternative to a good body shop, if such a thing exists!

Remove the tail lights, I'll be there are all sorts of horrors hiding around the edges.
--
http://www.unixnerd.demon.co.uk - The Ultimate BMW homepage!

Linkon635

Re: Returning to the fold

Postby Linkon635 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:16 am

unixnerd wrote:Same thing happened to me!

Just replace the sunroof panel, you'd likely get a decent used one on ebay.

As for the rest there's no alternative to a good body shop, if such a thing exists!

Remove the tail lights, I'll be there are all sorts of horrors hiding around the edges.

Thanks John, will keep you updated.

Return to “Visiting BMW Zentrum”